Day 1 : Airport - Tirana
Welcome at Mother Teresa Airport. Assistance and transfer to Tirana. Check in at the hotel. The sightseeing tour of Tirana the capital of Albania, which since 1920 includes the busy Scanderbeg Square, the Clock Tower (35m high) built in 1830, the Mosque of Ethem Bey, the National Museum, the Archeological Museum, the National Gallery of Fine Arts, the Palace of Congresses, etc.
- Lunch in Petrela Castle(optional ) (15km southeast of Tirana). After lunch a short visit in Petrela village and its fortress built on a rocky hill which dates back to 4th century B. C.
Back to hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 2 : Kruja - Durres
Breakfast at the hotel. Departure to visit Kruja.
- Visit Kruja Castle, housing the museum of national hero Gjergj Kastriot Scanderbeg situated on a very strategic position offering an impressive landscape and magnificent view to the visitors.
- Sightseeing of this town continues walking through the narrow path, formerly used as a characteristic medieval bazaar which leads to the Citadel of Kruja which was built by the local population after the invasions of the Goths.
- Lunch at a local restaurant with a panoramic view. (optional)
- Afternoon, continue to Durres the ancient Greco-Roman port city of Epidamnus-Dyrrachium. Visit the Byzantine city walls, Roman Amphitheater and the Archaeological Museum. A short stroll along the seaside.
- Departure to the Airport Mother Teresa for departure.
Prices from 179 euro /person
Included in the price :
Accomodation on a 3/4 star hotel
Half board bases